NO More TYPOS!
How to Avoid the dreaded typo (whether you are job searching or not):
1. Start your document, blog post, LinkedIn profile, Google profile etc. in Word or a like application. Check your Document Review settings - make sure you do not have options set to ignore words in Caps or other terms. Spell- and Grammar-check.
2. Do not automatically accept word processor suggestions: Somewhere, out there today, is a major proposal that has the word "seamy" where "seamlessly" should have been. Really changed the meaning of the paragraph.
3. Copy your text into Notepad to strip underlying formatting & HTML that may create issues if you are pasting into a CMS.
4. Copy and paste using a Browser that has a spell-check option.
5. Used web-based resources if you are in doubt of spelling or meaning of a word. http://www.wordcentral.com/ from Miriam-Webster is a good, free tool. There are many others.
6. Have an objective party review whenever possible, or set the work aside for at least a couple of hours so you may review it with "fresh" eyes.
7. Hire the great folks at RescueResumes and be done with it!
Comments are closed.
RescueResumes.com brings more than thirty years of expert, credentialed resume, CV, cover letter, portfolio, and other career documents creation experience to your job search.